Essential.blue lavender is good for people and for nature.
I make natural products in the mountains of the Sierra Nevada in Andalusia.
Because I think villages need to remain liveable and products sustainable.
Buy from my shop & read my blog
- Make your own lavender wreath out of fresh lavandin
- Lavender wands; weaving with fresh lavender
- Pressed lavender flowers for sale now
- How to make a lavender flower press?
- Wild Flowers in the Alpujarras Sierra Nevada Spain
- When does lavender bloom in Spain?
- Ladybird the hero in my ecological lavender garden
- Washing raw wool: the best working method
- How to put sheep’s wool back into use
- What can you do with an everlasting lavender bouquet?
Since the summer of 2020 I sell my first lavender bouquets self made products on Etsy.
The need of resilient landscapes
Our land in the Alpujarra mountains had been abandoned for 30 years. Where there is no longer any irrigation, trees and water sources dry up. We try to make our land more resilient. That is more important than ever because of climate change.
Lavender good for people and the bees
Lavender is good for people. It makes you happy and lavender angustfolia is soothing. Lavender is also good for bees. Lavender and wild flowers on our land attract many species of bees that are increasingly being squeezed out elsewhere.
Sheep wool from the local shepherd
I can’t wait to work with the sheep wool from the flock here in the Alpujarras where we live. Because the world imports wool from Australia while wool of good quality just around the corner has fallen into disuse.