The soap contains no palm oil and no SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate). The soap in the soap making kit doesn’t contain SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) wich is irritating, but does contain Laureth Sulphate (SLES). This means that the soap washes well. The cleansing effect of SLES which can be drying, is compensated by the glycerine which is nourishing.
The soap making kit contains:
- 500 grams of transparent moulding soap
- 2 bunches of dried real lavender Angustifolia in the colours lilac and dark blue, with 25 stems each.
- 6 pressed lavender flowers in dark blue
- a soap mould for 6 pieces of soap in the colour pink
- 12 ml ecological lavender oil of your choice, soothing or not soothing.
The moulding soap contains:
water, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium laureth sulphate, sodium stearate, sorbitol, sodium chloride, sodium thiosulphate, etidronic acid.
Unfortunately, palm oil, SLS and SLES are the norm rather than the exception in soap you buy. This is the best I could find in pouring soap without palm oil and without SLS. Because it does have SLES people with very sensitive skin should better not use this soap and almost every other soap on their faces. In that case, it is better to make your own soap, so that you are completely in charge of the products you add. See my blog for making this soap or your own soap.