Buy a bouquet of lavender and it will keep for up to 2 years if not exposed to sunlight. So a bunch of dried lavender is a sustainable choiche. But which one is the most beautiful? Which bouquet of lavender should you buy?
These are the possibilities to buy a bouquet of lavender
There are countless varieties of lavender. And within those there are many variations. Here are the 3 most common varieties
- Lavandin: This is the lavender we all know. The lavandin generally smells quite strong.
- Lavandula angustfolia: this is the ‘real’ lavender, which is calming.
- Stoechas: this is the Spanish crested lavender. It looks great in a pot, but is less suitable for bouquets as the stems are generally not very long.
What is the difference between lavandin and lavandula angustfolia?
Both are suitable to buy a bouquet of lavender. The difference is the scent and whether or not it is calming, but also the length of the stems. If you want a large bunch of lavender, lavandin is a good choice. If colour is important, you will be better off buying a bunch of lavender Angustfolia. The flowers of lavandin and angustfolia lavender are very different. As you can see on the photos above.
I have both varieties in my lavender garden and sell lavender bunches of both. But which bunches of lavender are really worth buying?
Here is my top 3 of the best bouquet of lavender to buy
- Lavandula Angustfolia Imperial Gem
- Lavandula Angustfolia Melissa Lilac
- Lavandin Heavenly Scent
Why should you buy this bouquet of lavender?
- Intense deep blue colour
- The beautiful flower buds
- Smells enchanting, not overdone like many lavandin’s, but subtle.
- This lavender is calming
- Beautiful lilac colour
- Thick beautiful buds
- Once you’ve smelled this lavender you’ll never want to smell another lavandin again. It is sweet and subtle
- This lavender is soothing
- Of all the lavandin’s I know this is the one with the best blue/purple colour
- The scent is strong like a lavandin, but less sharp and a little sweeter. The name says it all, you imagine yourself in heavenly spheres.
- The stems are generally longer than those of the angustfolia.
If you were to buy a bouquet of lavender, which one would you choose?