Make your own DIY body scrub. It is very easy to do and much better and healthier than the onces you buy. It takes you just 15 minutes. I made this body scrub from coconut oil, Epson salt and dried lavender. If you want you can add a few drops of lavender oil, but you don’t have to.
Sleep like a rose with this body scrub
Angustfolia lavender is soothing. If you don’t want a soothing scrub, add lavandin instead of real lavender. By grinding or mixing the lavender, your whole house will be wrapped in lavender scents.
Apply the body scrub liberally before showering. Gently massage the scrub into your skin. And if you add lavender angustfolia instead of lavandin lavender, you will also sleep like a rose.
Epsom salt contains magnesium and that is an important mineral for our health. The salt is named after the town of Epsom in England. In the seventeenth century, people discovered springs there that were rich in magnesium salt.
- 60 grams of coconut oil
- 30 grams of Epson bath salts
- 5 grams of dried lavender angustfolia.
- Optional: 4 drops of lavender oil. I use the lavender I made myself. Here you can read how to make your own lavender oil.
- Grind the dried lavender with a mixer or a well-cleaned coffee grinder.
- Then Chop the Epson salt also with the mixer.
- Mix Epson salt and lavender with the mixer
- Stir the salt and lavender into the coconut oil. Mix well, if necessary with the mixer. Add a few drops of oil if necessary.
Please note: Do not use a mixer that you also use for your food or clean it very well after use. Epson salt is not for ingestion but can be safely absorbed through the skin.
Store the DIY body scrub in a sealed jar in the fridge. The body scrub will keep for about a month in the fridge.
Do you want to find out more about Epson Salt? Here you can read about it.